Thursday, December 29, 2011
Bike ride
Today Olivia and I decided to ride from Port Fairy to Koroit along the Warrnambool rail trail. It was fine and cool (20degC) and the breeze kept us cool on the way up. The outward journey took a little over 2 hours and was slightly uphill all the way. We were glad of the track markers encouraging us onwards.
After a lovely lunch in a little cafe in Koroit we embarked on the journey home, confident in out ability to ride out the slight downhill all the way. We hadn't counted on the fierce headwind that slowed us down and our increasingly sore behinds! We managed the return leg with more frequent stops in 1 & 3/4 hours.
For me it was probably 5 km too far but we are both proud of our effort (a little over 36km in all). We are looking forward to a shower as soon as we can move again and have decided against our nightly walk today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was looking at that leg on the net today thinking it would be good to do. the site I was on says there is still a section on the warrnambool side yet to be completed. I'm glad you sussed it out for us. You'll have to go on another ride to work out the sore muscles tomorrow.
ReplyDelete